Fun and functional, chalkboard paint turns a boring wall into a durable and washable chalkboard masterpiece. Check out Benjamin Moore's Studio Finishes Chalkboard (307) paint.
(Photos: Apartment Therapy, TheNest.com)
DIY chalkboard ideas:
- Calendar: paint a large grid for a monthly or weekly calendar
- Kitchen updates: shopping lists, phone messages, recipes
- Creative space: for kids AND adults
See the directions to make a chalkboard wall below.
How to make the chalkboard via Benjamin Moore Paints
- Step 1 - Prepare Surfaces. Once you have selected the wall(s) for your chalkboard, clean the surface completely and repair any protruding nails or other imperfections. Tip: If you are adding the chalkboard for kids to use, make sure the chalkboard is low enough for little hands to reach.
- Step 2 - Tape Off Your Chalkboard. Use masking tape to mark off a rectangular space for your chalkboard, and apply Studio Finishes Chalkboard (307) paint within the taped-off area.
- Step 3 - Framing. Use decorative molding or a colorful painted border to give your chalkboard space an extra personal touch. Remember to include a ledge for chalk and erasers.