Tomato and lemon fettuccine
1 - 2 cups cherry tomatoes
3/4 lb fresh fettucine (spinach or egg fettuccine)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a smaller saucepan, mix together the cream, salt and pepper.
- Wash the lemon and then remove the rind from lemons in long strips using a vegetable peeler. Cut strips into thin strips. Set aside to use as a topping.
- Wash the tomatoes and slice in half. Set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons, strain the juice, and pour into the saucepan with the cream mixture. (You can also use pre-packaged lemon juice that equals 2 lemons.)
- Bring the creamy mixture to a boil for one minute and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook the fettuccine in the boiling water until barely done. This takes about 3-8 minutes depending on the freshness of the pasta. Drain the pasta. Toss the pasta with the cream sauce.
- Divide the pasta into 4 to 6 portions. Top each pasta portion with tomato halves, strips of julienned lemon rind, and freshly ground pepper.
For more recipes, click on Momathon recipes.
(Fettuccine photo by me.)