Evidently my loyal dishwasher is also a mighty multi-tasker because it can double as an oven too! I'm not sure I'm going to cook my dinner in the dishwasher tonight, but the recipe does seem easy.
Is dishwasher lasagna just another crazy cooking concoction or will it turn into the next culinary trend? The dishwasher dinner recipes may have originated around the campfire. According to CityPages.com,
The foil-wrapped meal is placed on the washer's lower rack and left to cook through the wash cycle--the method is a little like a water-based version of a campfire hobo pack.
Next time you have a dinner party, consider putting your dishwasher to work in the prep! This lasagna in the dishwasher recipe is guaranteed to leave your guests speechless, but happy with the clever meal. Seeing is believing--check out the Dishwasher Lasagna demo video featured on PartSelect.com.
Not in the mood for lasagna, check out this list of dishwasher dinners:
- Salmon with Piquant Dill Sauce. Recipe on Food Network.
- Shrimp A La Dishwasher. Recipe on Cooking-With-Us
- Salmon Steaks with Dill and Lemon. Recipe on Urban Bushcraft.
- Poached Salmon. Recipe on Wine X Magazine.
- Salmon with Cilantro. Recipe on Salon: Surreal Gourmet.
- Beef Cooked in Dishwasher. Recipe on Cooking-With-Us.
- Perfectly Poached Salmon. Recipe on ModernMom.com.
NOTE: I am not a professional chef and I have not tried any of the dishwasher dinner recipes, so I can't personally endorse cooking in the dishwasher.