Cooking is quickly becoming a favorite hobby of kids of all ages. Your kids can cook up some fun with this easy make-ahead citrus and cranberry chicken recipe.
Prep: 20-30 minutes.
Make this dish ahead, 8 hours or overnight in fridge, then bake as directed.
Bake: 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- non stick cooking spray
- approximately 10 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 14oz - 16 oz can of whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup French (or Catalina) salad dressing
- 1/2 cup orange jouice
- 1 envelope (1 oz. package) onion soup mix
- side dish: approximate 5 cups cooked brown or white rice
1) Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish (approx. 3 quart dish) with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Have an adult cut the chicken breast halves into smaller pieces to make the dish easier to serve.
3) Arrange chicken pieces in the baking dish.
4) Combine in a bowl:
- cranberry sauce
- salad dressing
- orange juice
- onion soup mix (dry)
5) Evenly pour sauce above over the chicken in baking dish.
6) Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
7) Remove plastic wrap and bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 45 - 50 minutes.
Have an adult slice into a piece of cooked chicken to make sure the chicken is no longer pink inside or you can use a meat thermometer. Cooked chicken should reach 170 degrees F.
8) Serve with brown rice.
Approximately 8 - 10 servings
(Photo by me, Chris Olson)