After such a mild start to January, I am ready for some snow! I am hoping the storm this weekend brings a layer of the white stuff. Even if it doesn't snow, this sparkly DIY candle craft will create a shimmery winter mood in your home.
Espom Salt Snow Candle
- Epsom salt
- Modge Podge
- Pillar candles--any color works, I like white or a light creamy color
- Shallow baking pan or a similar pan with edges
1) Pour a layer of epsom salt into a shallow baking pan.
2) Use a sponge brush to coat the side of a candle with Modge Podge.
3) Before the Modge Podge dries, quickly roll the candle in the epsom salt to create a light snowy layer on your candle.
4) Let candle with snowy coating dry completely before using the candle.
5) To help the candle burn evenly, place the candle in a cylinder vase suitable for candles.
(Photo by me, Chris Olson.)