1) Kids can stow books and tech gear in the Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag. Ballistic Nylon bag keeps gear organized with organizer pockets inside.
2) Do your kids use an iPad to write reports? The built-in keyboard on the iPad is ridiculous to use for writing longer documents. I like the options that turn your iPad into a mini laptop with a separate keyboard that also works as a stand. Before you buy, make sure the case fits your model of iPad. Here are three keyboard and cases I like:
- Zagg iPad2 Folio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad
- ZAGG iPad 3 Keyboard Case/Folio Cover with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
- Hipstreet iPad 3rd Generation/iPad 2 Case with Bluetooth Keyboard
3) Your kids can learn how to play the piano with the ION iCK05 Piano Apprentice 25-Note Lighted Keyboard connected to your iPad.
4) Etch A Sketch turned 50 this year. Check out the Headcase Etch A Sketch Hard Case is designed to protect your iPad. (iPad not included.)
5) I admit, I like to work with some music in the background. So I don't object when my kids study while listening to tunes too. The Nova Mini Portable Speakers by TegoAudio.com amplify sound to fill a room and yet are small enough to fit in your pocket.
6) Ensure your tech gear is safeguarded against damaging voltage fluctuations, surges, and spikes with the Belkin 8 Outlet Surge Protector with USB: Electronics
7) This tech item is a memory card your kids can wear and works with laptops and computers. The USB flash drive is almost as important as pencil and paper in schools these days. The problem is kids are always losing them. That's why I like the wearable USB flash drive that doubles as a bracelet/wristband by MemoryOnHand.com.