Do you ever wish you could boost the color or bring out the details in a photo? Try the Lux feature on Instagram. It works with all of the 18 Instagram filters and you can apply the feature with a variety of subjects. Here is a guide to using the Lux feature.
The Lux feature is popular with Instagram users for cityscapes and landscapes to transform the look and mood of the images. Because the feature is so versatile, it also works great in almost any image you take including food photos or images in nature. When should you try the Lux feature? The best idea is to experiment with the 18 filters paired with Lux. Tap on the sun icon at the bottom of the app and then play with all of the Instagram filters to see if you have a favorite. In the Vancouver cityscape below, I paired the Lux feature with the Normal filter. I have included complete step-by-step directions for using the Lux feature at the end of this post.
Complete step-by-step directions for using the Lux feature after the jump.
1) Select an image to modify in Instagram and click on one of the photo filters listed on the bar at bottom of the app.
2) At the bottom of the app screen you will see a row of icons.
3) Click on the Instagram symbol that looks like the sun to make the symbol yellow.
4) Your image will imediately get a boost in color and detail.
6) If you don't like the enhancement with the Lux feature, you can go back to the previous image by clicking on the sun icon again. When the Lux feature is turned off, the sun symbol is gray.
Day 6: Sierra Filter
Day 7: Lo-Fi Filter
Day 8: Earlybird Filter
Day 9: Sutro Filter
Day 10: Toaster Filter
Day 11: Brannan Filter
Day 12: Inkwell Filter
Day 13: Walden Filter
Day 14: Hefe Filter
Day 15: Valencia Filter
Day 16: Nashville Filter
Day 17: 1977 Filter
Day 18: Kelvin Filter
Get The Look: Add Some Glam in Instagram
>•< Connect on Facebook >•<