The LUX feature is popular with Instagram users for cityscapes and landscapes to transform the look and mood of the images. Because the feature is so versatile, try it out with almost any image you take including food photos or images in nature.
When should you try the Lux feature?
The best idea is to experiment with the filters paired with Lux. Tap on the SUN icon at the bottom of the app and then play with all of the Instagram filters to see if you have a favorite. In the Vancouver cityscape below, I paired the Lux feature with the Normal filter. I have included complete step-by-step directions for using the Lux feature at the end of this post.
How to use the Lux feature
1) Select an image to modify in Instagram and click on one of the photo filters listed on the bar at bottom of the app.
2) At the bottom of the app screen you will see a row of icons.
3) Click on the Instagram symbol that looks like the sun to make the symbol BLUE.
4) Your image will imediately get a boost in color and detail.
6) If you don't like the enhancement with the Lux feature, you can go back to the previous image by clicking on the sun icon again. When the Lux feature is turned off, the sun symbol is gray.
LUX: Before & After