Back in March I wrote a post about Finding Instant Karma and I mentioned that a few years ago, a friend gave me a tiny book filled with suggestions for nurturing good karma. Despite it's compact size, this book includes a lifetime's worth of suggestions--8,879 ways to give yourself and others good fortune. I keep the book by my desk and when life goes a little insane I open it on any page and read a few ideas. Sometimes the suggestions I read make me smile. And they always make me think.
- Send your spouse a Valentine on the 14th of every month (that's today!)
- Make someone laugh.
- Forget the number on the bathroom scale.
- Put on your favorite CD and dance.
- Focus on the moment rather than dreams or regrets.
- Empty your mind during a walk.
- Remember that the best things in life are free.
- Instead of running errands, stroll them.