Planning your next trip just got easier and more fun with Pinterest's newest feature, PLACE PINS. I think the new pins will make even moving to a new city more interesting too. I've got step-by-step directions to guide you through the process of creating your own PLACE PINS and PLACE BOARD below.
I tested it out today by adding locations to pins on my Ski Bum Mum board. Check it out for cool pics and videos of ski destinations around the globe. Plus a few of my favorite places to stay. You can identify a PLACE BOARD by the small maps icon (it looks like an upside-down raindrop) located on the upper right corner of the board description. When you click on the board link you will see the PLACE PINS and a large map on the right.
I subscribe to a variety of PLACE BOARDS created by other pinners. Here are a few of my faves—in no particular order:
Family Travel (NatGeo Travel), London (Conde Nast Traveler), America's Best Hot Chocolate (Fodor's Travel), New York's Finest (Travel + Leisure), Bucket List Happy Hour Spots Around The World (Matt Long), The Ultimate Paris (Fodor's Travel), and Travel - Our Beautiful World (JD Andrews)
Step-by-step directions to guide you through the process of creating your own PLACE PINS and PLACE BOARD.
To create your own PLACE BOARD:
1) Select ADD A MAP when you create the board. Or you can also edit an existing board—go to board settings and select ADD A MAP.
To create or add your own PLACE PINS
1) Click on a Pin you want to add to a place board
2) Choose PLACE BOARD, click Pin It.
3) At this time you can't immediately pin the location, first you must go back to the board and find the pin you want to add the location.
4) Click on the + (plus icon) on the Pin.
5) Type in the city and then select the correct city from the scroll down list of cities on the right.
6) Directly below the city location you enter, type in a more precise location—a restaurant, a hotel, a store, etc.
7) Select the correct location from the list and you will see the location on the map to the right.
Have fun Pinning! You can find the Pinterest special feed of a featured PLACE BOARDS here.